Nearly a week after a 12 year old boy died in an Airdrie apartment building from a carbon monoxide leak, fire crews were called to investigate a second leak in the same building.
Sara Gillespie, a resident of the building on Willowbrook Road, called the Airdrie Fire Department just after midnight, when her carbon monoxide detector went off.
Gillespie says she is still shaken by the entire ordeal.
“It’s been a pretty stressful and emotional week…last night, just kind of topped it all off.”
Officials said both leaks were caused by a faulty water heater not venting properly.
Residents waited two and a half hours before being allowed back into their suites.
Airdrie Fire Department provided free carbon monoxide detectors to all residents after last week’s evacuation.
The fire department is asking residents to make sure their venting systems and gas appliances are professionally checked to ensure no further issues.